Somewhere, out there, in the rural regions of South Africa, lies unbelievable potential. Our job is to encourage and develop it, by providing these forgotten children, with resources, and above all: the belief that they can do it!
Our future change makers, need social capital investors, just like you!
Much like the old adage: it takes a village to raise a child; changing lives is a group effort. We can't do it without you.
Many of our rural children and youth are incredibly bright, ambitious, and longing to do something wonderful with the lives they've been given.
You have the power to make that happen! Join us in changing lives, and making South Africa, great!
What we do
How your donation changes a life:
- Literacy: enables Grade 1-3 learners to attend quality phonics sessions and improve their English communication skills.
- Maths & Science: enables Grade 6-7 learners to attend revision sessions with a facilitator, using Khan Academy and other online resources.
- Computers and coding: gives our children an opportunity to improve technology skills and learn a language of the future.
- Youth: have full access to our computer centre, and attend training sessions in hard and soft skills development.
- Data: running the only computer centre is the community and surrounds, is expensive. Online studies chew data, but give students access to knowledge, skills and training.
RIGHT NOW AT
I learn to live
Ready. Steady. Go.
There’s a video doing the rounds on the net about the starting positions in a race that speaks beautifully to the point of privilege. In general, when athletes line up for a race to test their speed, strength and stamina, they start at the same line, and launch themselves towards victory, at the blast of…
Where we are
I Learn to Live – Ngifundela Ukuphila, is situated at the Ngqamuzane Support Centre in Dlangubo, Empangeni. We are located in the Uthungulu Municipal District, and work with school children and youth from the Umlalazi and Umhlathuze local districts of KwaZulu-Natal.